Arizona State Office
Do You Have a Case for Us?
The Institute is a non-profit public interest law firm dedicated to protecting individual liberty. We represent individuals and owners of small businesses who want to sue the government when its laws violate their constitutional rights. Our areas of expertise are:
- Economic liberty - challenges to occupational licensing regulations and government-created monopolies,
- School choice - defending parents’ use of vouchers and tax credits;
- Property rights - defending against the taking of private property by the government for transfer to other private entities, and
- Free speech - defending the right to speak about politics and commerce.
There are many areas in which we do not litigate. Specifically, we do NOT represent individuals in:
- Criminal cases and petitions for writ of habeas corpus
- Police and prisoner brutality claims;
- Family law, divorce, maintenance or custody issues,
- Disputes with social services agencies;
- Employment law or harassment claims;
- Homeowners Association claims or
- Any suit in which both parties are private individuals or businesses. (The government is one of the parties in all our lawsuits.)
Due to the large volume of potential case forms that we receive, the Institute for Justice will NOT be able to respond to each and every potential case. We will address only those small number of potential cases that fit within our core areas and that our limited resources allow. Please refrain from contacting us regarding the status of your case form.
In addition to sending us the potential case form, you may send us documents that you think are important for our review of your situation. Please only send truly important documents so that we are not overwhelmed with paper in our review of your case. Also, DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, ONLY COPIES. Due to the very large volume of case inquiries, we cannot return documents to you and we do not keep documents if we determine we cannot assist you.
We thank you in advance and wish you the best of luck.
Case Investigations at Institute for Justice: Arizona Chapter
398 S. Mill Avenue, Suite 301
Tempe, AZ 85281
* You may Download Acrobat Reader, available for free on the Adobe website.