NSVI- Spokane Vending



Spokane County has 85 mobile food vendors.  But right now, Spokane doesn’t have an ordinance that specifically regulates food trucks and carts.  Instead, it has a statute for “itinerant vendors.”  To legally sell, mobile vendors need both a permit and a temporary business registration for their business.  The latter lasts only 90 days.

Itinerant vendors can operate in any zone, but they can only stay in a public right of way (e.g. streets) for 10 minutes. 

But vendors could soon have more locations to roam free.  A proposed ordinance would allow food trucks to vend in public rights of way and on private property downtown and in commercial and industrial zones.




Want a FREE “Legalize Street Food” sticker for your food truck or cart?  Email activism@ij.org. Make sure to include whether you'd like a slate gray or sangria colored decal.



Email Address
Please enter a valid email address

Institute for Justice
901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900
Arlington, VA 22203
Tel 703.682.9320, Fax 703.682.9321
© 1997-2014