Suppose you could make a gift that helps secure constitutional limits on government power . . . while also providing you with income for life and reducing your taxes.
It’s not too good to be true! All you need to do is establish a charitable gift annuity with the Institute for Justice. These are some of the benefits a gift annuity offers:
• The security of stable cash flow for life.
• Higher than average payments compared to certificates of deposit and savings accounts.
• Payments taxed less than regular income.
• An immediate charitable income tax deduction.
• Capital gains tax benefits when you donate appreciated assets.
• The satisfaction of knowing your gift will benefit IJ—and our clients—for years to come.
Here’s how it works: You make a gift to IJ, and in return we agree to make fixed payments to you for life. The gift agreement is a simple contract between you and IJ, and you don’t need an attorney to set it up. When the contract ends, we use any balance of the gift annuity to fund IJ’s fight for individual liberty.
Because the money is entrusted to IJ, you receive an immediate income tax deduction and, for gifts of appreciated stock, capital gains tax savings.
You can fund an annuity for as little as $10,000. Payout rates for gift annuities depend on the ages of the income beneficiaries, with older individuals receiving higher payout rates than younger individuals. The chart below provides a selection of IJ’s current payout rates.
Please contact us for a personalized proposal, detailing how a gift annuity might work for you. You can also learn more on our website at ij.org/CGA.
|Sample annual annuity rates
for a $100,000 gift
You can establish a gift annuity with IJ—and receive tax
To request a personalized proposal showing how a gift annuity