A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine favorable tax benefits with flexibility in your giving to support our fight for liberty!
The accounts are controlled by a sponsoring organization that invests the assets and manages donors’ accounts. Once a fund is established, donors make the recommendations to the sponsoring organization about which nonprofits they’d like to receive gifts from their accounts.
Benefits of donating through a donor-advised fund
- Grow your charitable dollars tax-free,
- Reduce tax burden in a windfall year, and
- Contribute appreciated assets to reduce or eliminate capital gains!
You can learn more about the ways a donor-advised fund might be a useful tool in your giving portfolio by watching the following video, or by contacting [email protected] or (703) 682-9320, ext. 399.
Through DAF Direct, it is now possible to recommend grants from your donor-advised fund directly to IJ from our website.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a sponsoring organization with a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend grants to the charities you support.
Please fill out the amount you wish to donate from your DAF using the form to the right.
IJ’s tax ID number is 52-1744337. Our mailing address is 901 North Glebe Road, Suite 900, Arlington, VA. If you have additional questions, please reach out to [email protected] or (703) 682-9320, ext. 399.