A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine favorable tax benefits with flexibility in your giving to support our fight for liberty!
The accounts are controlled by a sponsoring organization that invests the assets and manages donors’ accounts. Once a fund is established, donors make the recommendations to the sponsoring organization about which nonprofits they’d like to receive gifts from their accounts.
Benefits of donating through a donor advised fund:
- Grow your charitable dollars tax-free,
- Reduce tax burden in a windfall year, and
- Contribute appreciated assets to reduce or eliminate capital gains!
You can learn more about the ways a donor advised fund might be a useful tool in your giving portfolio by watching the following video, or by contacting Megan Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 682-9320, ext. 230.
Through DAF Direct, it is now possible to recommend grants from your donor advised fund directly to IJ from our website.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax deductible donation to a sponsoring organization with a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax free).
- Recommend grants to the charities you support.
Please fill out the amount you wish to donate from your DAF using the form to the right.